This milestone almost passed me by before I realized I should probably make a post. I’ve never really been good at keeping track of these things but, luckily, I remembered to do this last minute.
I’ve reached my one year blogiversary!!!
On July 19th of last year, The Uncharted Word was up and running with my first post, “Writer’s Block.” It’s amazing to see how much my blog has changed since I first began blogging. It started out as a writer’s blog with some travel themes but it soon morphed into a bookish type of blog and I wouldn’t have it any other way.
I have to thank all you amazing bloggers out there who have followed and supported me, both for some time now and recently. I’m so grateful for all the follows, the likes, and the comments that are left behind. Having a conversation with any one of you has become one of the highlights of my day. Thank you SO much for making my blogging experience ten times more enjoyable than I could have ever expected it to be.
Not only did my blog turn 1 today, but I’ve also learned that I’ve surpassed 500 followers!!!! Thanks so much to Beth, Sophie, Marta, Stephanie, Melissa, and so many other amazing bloggers for following my humble little blog and for commenting so often on my posts. It means the world to me when I get the chance to speak with all of you about books, TV, movies, and other things that interest us. You guys always put a smile on my face!
Unfortunately, I don’t have many bookish items to give to y’all as a set of amazing prizes. What I DO have, though, is a brand new hardcover copy of Daughter of the Pirate King by Tricia Levenseller! I accidentally bought two copies a few months ago, and I was going to give it to my library, but I thought I would try a giveaway instead!
Here’s the link to the giveaway! –> a Rafflecopter giveaway
I was going to do an old-fashioned Q&A but I know how often that’s done. I saw a reverse Q&A on icebreaker694, and thought that would be a bit more fun to do!
You can answer some or all of these questions. I’ll compile a list of my favorite answers on a separate post!
1. What would you name your boat if you had one?
2. Which fictional book character would be the most boring to meet in real life?
3. What’s the most useless talent you have?
4. Would you rather be caught in the middle of a fight between Godzilla and King Kong or a fight between Superman and Batman?
5. If you had to change your name, what would your new name be, and why would you choose that name?
6. Which Disney prince/princess do you think would be the best match for you?
7. If you could change the color of the sky to any color, which color would you choose and why?
8. Which part of your favorite movie completely scarred you as a child?
9. You accidentally found your way to Faerie and a benevolent sorceress has offered to turn you into one of the inhabitants as a disguise. Which sort of fae/mythological creature would you choose to disguise yourself as?
10. Imagine you are in a horror movie and you were home alone at night. A light suddenly turns on in another room. Do you (a) investigate it by yourself (b) yell if someone is there (c) call one of your relatives or friends, or (d) pretend it never happened?
Again, thanks so much you guys! I’m so happy that I’ve continued blogging for a whole year now. And by the looks of it, I don’t have any plans to stop anytime soon. All right, time for me to catch up on some blog hopping and reviews. I’ve been slaggin’.