Quite a bit ago, the fabulous Abigail @ Miss Abigail nominated me for the Mystery Blogger award and the wonderful Jamie @ Book Pandamonium nominated me for the Blogger Recognition award. Because I am hilariously behind on all my awards and tags, I’ll be combining these two!
If you haven’t already, please check our Miss Abigail’s blog! She has a gorgeous design with some amazing life tips and bookish content I think you’d all enjoy. And while you’re at it, visit Jamie’s wonderful site, too! She’s got some great book reviews, tags, and really interesting bookish content! Also –> pandas!! 😀
The Mystery Blogger Award
Many thanks to Okoto Enigma for creating this wonderful award.
Put the award logo/image on your blog
List the rules
Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
Mention the creator of the award and provide a link to their blog as well
Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
You have to nominate
Notify each of your nominees by commenting on their blog
Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
Share your link to your best post(s)
3 Things About Myself
1. I wear two different colored Converse almost every day. I’ve been doing this since middle school!
2. I love to watch cake-making videos even though I don’t EVER try to make the cakes myself.
3. Sometimes I draw black and white versions of deviantart images!
1.What’s one thing, that authors do, that you can’t stand?
When they drop too many hints or clues. I like ambiguity and I love solving puzzles, so it irks me when the author so obviously guides me to a certain conclusion.
2.Where is your favourite place to read?
There’s no place like my bed. I like reading at cafés, too!
3. What is your reading beverage/snack of choice?
I love having a cup of tea (usually black or earl grey) with my books. Some biscotti cookies doesn’t hurt either.
4. What do you read most, ebooks, audiobooks, paperbacks, hardbacks… or some other form of book that I’ve missed?!
I read mostly hardbacks now. But I also read paperbacks, especially when that hardback is just too expensive.
5. Random question: Do you wear socks while you sleep, or do you go barefoot?
Nope! When I was little I always woke up one sock short. I always thought the bed was eating my socks and to some degree, I still believe that lol.
Shouni @ Through the Book Portal
Rakel @ MiRakel Books
Krysti @ YA and Wine
Laura @ Reading Sanctuary
Tiana @ The Book Raven
*I tried nominating people I hadn’t chosen when I had done this award the firs time around. If you’ve already been nominated, congratulations! I think you guys are awesome! You don’t have to do this one if you don’t want to, of course 😀
- Do you have a favorite YA trope that you love (or maybe even tolerate) more than others?
- How often do you buy books?
- Do you take off the book jackets while you’re reading or do you leave them on?
- Besides WordPress, where do you go to find recommendations for new books?
- Random Question: If it were possible, which movie (or TV show) would you transport yourself into to be part of the cast?
The Blogger Recognition Award
- Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Select other blogs you want to give the award to
The Story (Because I’ve already done this, I’ll keep it short!)
I came back from Ireland last summer and wanted to share my photo album. I also wanted to share my writing, so I began The Uncharted Word. However, I noticed I’d been doing a lot of reading over the summer and thought, ah what the heck, let’s start a book blog. About 7 months later (has it already been that long?!), and here I am, a bookish blog with the occasional travel pic and work in progress.
Two Pieces of Advice
1. Blog Hop!
It’s a great way to meet new bloggers, to discover more topics of interest, and to start a discussion. Posting your own content is wonderful, but be sure to visit your fellow bloggers’ sites and to show your support as they work hard to share their passions with you!
2. Don’t Be Afraid to Take a Break
Having a brand and a scheduling of weekly memes is a perfect way to set and maintain your foundations. But don’t be afraid to give yourself time for some R&R. Sometimes it’s easy to get burned out, and you know what? That’s okay. Take a breather. Watch some TV. Read books without reviewing them. Contemplate life. And return when you’re ready. We’ll still be here to support you when you get back!
Sammie @ Bookshelves and Biros
Melissa @ BookNerdMomo
Sophie @ Blame Chocolate
Beth @ Reading Every Night
Lia @ Lost in a Story
*I know you guys have probably already been nominated for this award, but just letting you know I appreciate you and I think you all are not just fantastic bloggers, but fantastic people, too! ❤
That’s all for now! Sorry it took me so long to get to these you guys!!
See ya soon! ❤