Well damn, can you believe it? Another year has gone by! And not only that. An entire DECADE has passed. Tenth grade didn’t seem all that long ago… but it really has been 10 years since I was a sophomore in high school.
I’m not really one to wax poetic about the course of my life at the end of every year, let alone a decade, so I’ll just focus on what’s happened in 2019 and keep moving on from there.
I wish I could say that 2019 was a ground-breaking year for me, but if I were being honest, I don’t think much happened this year! Nothing extraordinary or phenomenal. I did, however, manage to achieve some of my career goals this year and I also read more books than first anticipated.
2019 Life Highlights
- Secured a full-time job as a middle school librarian
- Finally read two beloved classics: Little Women and A Christmas Carol
- Cut down the unread books in my home library by half
- Attended one of my good friend’s wedding in Buffalo, New York
- Finally completed the Uncharted series on PS4
- Overcame my glossophobia to read the first chapter of Percy Jackson to a 5th grade class for Read Across America day
- My second cousin, Avery, was born and he is the cutest
- Went to a family friend’s 30th Anniversary party and reunited with my “twin”
- Reunited with a college friend after 1.5 years
- Attended my cousin Jade’s gorgeous baby shower
- Paid off a couple of my loans from university
- Got a new laptop that works like a dream
I was so scared that I wouldn’t be able to reach my 80 book goal a few weeks back, but thanks to winter break, I’ve had so much time to catch up and even surpass the goal I set!
Top 10 Shows
Top 10 Movies
Top 10 Books
The Rest of the Red Rising Series
That sure was a lot to take in! I’m hoping that 2020 brings us all great joy in life and in reading! But now, I’m hella ready for 2019 to be over.