March has been quite the month. We’ve all been inundated with news on the coronavirus. Some of us have been impolored to practice self-isolation and social distancing while many of us have been officially quarantined and instructed to shelter in place. I’m a little tired of all the anxiety and negativity that stems from this new, ongoing situation and I’m sure you’re all aware, so no more mention of that!
Instead I’m just going to focus on what I’ve been reading and reviewing this month, and also highlighting some of the more memorable and positive moments of this month.
My theme this month was Angels and Demons. I followed that all the way up to the end of the Penryn and the End of Days trilogy. After that, my mood shifted. I wanted to read something entirely different, thus The Kingdom of Back and Only Mostly Devastated.
I had originally planned to detour a second and read Marie Lu, and then return to the theme and dive into Maas’ Crescent City. But I decided that I still wasn’t ready for another SJM book. I read the first few pages and put it down. Just couldn’t do it. Not ready. Maybe April or the summer. I’m not sure, but I know that, for sure, I’ll eventually pick up Crescent City this year.
- At the beginning of this month, I went on a date with myself. I started at Yard House to treat myself to a nice Happy Hour meal, complete with poke nachos and sangria. After that I went to the arcade (Dave & Busters) to play some skee ball and basketball, then I went to the movies to see The Invisible Man (which was INCREDIBLE) and then I finished the night with a scoop of delicious gelato! ❤
- My book club got halfway through Circe and shared some interesting comments about the characters and themes!
- I finally finished Castevania s2 and binged s3. The end of s3 was intense and they done my baby Alucard so wrong by the end 😢 I need s4 to make sure that both Alucard and Hector catch a break.
- I finally got through half of my movie list on Netflix. Some gems that I wished I had watched earlier were Good Time and There Will Be Blood
- My book haul this month was quite large since I had nothing else to do except buy more and more books. And I ordered from Book Outlet for the first time! Though one book came a little damaged, I’ll definitely be buying again. Those prices!!
- Crescent City
- The Kingdom of Back
- The Shadows between Us
- All the Stars and Teeth
Barnes and Noble Purchases
- Only Mostly Devastated
Book Outlet Purchases
- The Defiant
- Sorcery of Thorns
- Wicked Saints
- The Merciful Crow (*not featured in picture due to some damage upon delivery)
Socially and economically, this wasn’t such a great month. But personally, in regards to reading and making time for myself, March has been pretty good.
I’m trying to stay positive during these stressful times, and so next month I’m just going to bury myself in reading and blogging and making sure that I stay busy while cooped up at home.
Everyone stay safe, stay healthy, and think positive thoughts.