So, it’s come to the point where I have to stop and think about all the unread books in my room. I mean…THERE ARE SO MANY.
How did I get here? Why is this a thing? When did this happen?
WHY CAN’T I STOP MYSELF FROM BUYING SO MANY BOOKS?
I used to be so good at getting a book, finishing it, and then moving on to the next one. But that was because I rarely bought books about three years ago. I almost always checked out books from the library or borrowed books from friends.
But once I began blogging, my home library started building up and then building and building and now I’ve got a great collection on my hands with not enough shelf space. I plan to buy more shelves or to at least get creative in how I arrange my books, but still…that doesn’t solve the problem of my having way too many unread books in my library.
I thought I’d list all those books here. I want you to get the feel of how many unread books I actually have in my library.
BRACE YOURSELVES. WINTER IS COMING.
For myself and for you, I’m going to break all my books down into smaller sections to help divvy these books up and see what I’ve actually got on my hands.
- SEABISCUIT | Laura Hillenbrand
- UNBROKEN | Laura Hillenbrand
CONTEMPORARY (Adult and YA)
- THE BOOK THIEF | Markus Zusak
- P.S. I STILL LOVE YOU | Jenny Han
- THE IMPROBABLE THEORY OF ANA AND ZAK | Brian Katcher
- A TALE OF TWO CITIES | Charles Dickens
- DARIUS THE GREAT IS NOT OKAY | Adib Khorram
- LITTLE FIRES EVERYWHERE | Celeste Ng
- I’LL GIVE YOU THE SUN | Jandy Nelson
- THE HATE U GIVE | Angie Thomas
1ST BOOK IN A FANTASY SERIES
- CHILDREN OF BLOOD AND BONE | Tomi Adeyemi
- WONDER WOMAN | Leigh Bardugo
- INK, IRON, GLASS | Gwendolyn Clare
- BEAUTY AND THE BEAST: LOST IN A BOOK | Jennifer Donnelly
- REBEL OF THE SANDS | Alwyn Hamilton
- MAGONIA | Maria Headley
- THE DIABOLIC | S.J. Kincaid
- NEVERNIGHT | Jay Kristoff
- COURTING DARKNESS | Robin LaFevers
- FURYBORN | Claire Legrand
- THE NOVICE | Taran Matharu
- THE LAST MAGICIAN | Lisa Maxwell
- TEMPESTS AND SLAUGHTER | Tamora Pierce
- ASH PRINCESS | Laura Sebastian
- FOUR DEAD QUEENS | Astrid Scholte
- THE SCREAMING STAIRCASE | Jonathan Stroud
- THE RED SCROLLS OF MAGIC | Cassandra Clare
- UPROOTED | Naomi Novik
- FALLING KINGDOMS | Morgan Rhodes
- LEGENDS OF ERIN: BEYOND THE CASTLE DOOR | Meadow Griffin
SUBSEQUENT INSTALLMENTS IN A FANTASY SERIES
- SMOKE IN THE SUN | Renee Ahdieh
- GLASS SWORD | Victoria Aveyard
- KING’S CAGE | Victoria Aveyard
- THE KILL ORDER | James Dashner
- HEIR OF FIRE | Sarah J. Mass
- OUR DARK DUET | Victoria Schwab
- A REAPER AT THE GATES | Sabaa Tahir
- HARRY POTTER AND THE ORDER OF THE PHOENIX | J.K. Rowling
- PITCH DARK | Courtney Alameda
- RED RISING| Pierce Brown
STANDALONE FICTION READS
- TO KILL A KINGDOM | Alexandra Christo
- SHADOWHUNTERS AND DOWNWORLDERS | Cassandra Clare
- CIRCE | Madeleine Miller
- ALL THE CROOKED SAINTS | Maggie Steifvater
- RED SPARROW | Jason Matthews
- STEAMPUNK! AN ANTHOLOGY OF FANTASTICALLY RICH AND STRANGE STORIES | Kelly Link
- A TYRANNY OF PETTICOATS | Jessica Spotswood
ALL TOGETHER THAT MAKES…
A TOTAL OF: 47 BOOKS
That’s right folks. Look at it. LOOK.
That right there is a grand total of 47 UNREAD books in my library at the current moment, not including the e-books I have squared away in my super secret vault of shame.
I’ve decided that by the end of this year, I will make it my mission to complete most, if not all, the books I’ve bought in the past two or three years, including the new books I buy each month. Now, I’ve limited myself to three new book buys each month (new books that are released this year, that is) and so that way I can still keep up with the hype, but also knock out some old reads by including some unread books from my shelves in my monthly TBR!
We’ll see if I can actually manage to get all these read by the end of the year. It’ll be tough, but I’m hella determined to make it happen.
How many unread books do you have in YOUR library?
Lemme know so I don’t feel so alone LOL. Anyways, thank so much for stopping by! Until next time ❤