Hello! Welcome to the new year! I know that I’m a little late to the party but I’ve been attempting to figure out my goals for this year. Now that I kinda sorta have an idea of my hopes and aspirations for this year, I’ve finally gotten around to saying goodbye to 2018 and hello to 2019.
Can you even believe that 2018 is done? Time seems to be going faster and faster each year. That or we’ve all been eager to see the new year. In all honesty, 2018 wasn’t that great of a year. For me personally and for us as a society. Of course, there were some amazing things that happened (as they usually do) but there were also some other things that happened that made me question humanity. But since this ain’t no political post, I’ll instead focus on the good things that happened in my life in 2018!
Best Movies of 2018
There were so many amazing movies that were released in 2018. I didn’t get to see them all but here are some of the best movies I’ve seen so far that were released in 2018!
- Ballad of Buster Scruggs
- A Quiet Place
- Spiderman: Into the Spider-verse
- Mission Impossible: Fallout
- Incredibles 2
- Love, Simon
- Avengers: Infinity War
It’s hard to choose a favorite among these but I think Spiderman: Into the Spider-verse edges out at the lead with Mission Impossible: Fallout at a close second. A VERY close second! But there were so many other amazing movies that I saw. These were just a few 😀
Best Shows 2018
These are some of the best shows I watched in 2018. Some of these picks didn’t necessarily come out in 2018 but I finally got around to watching them last year.
- Supernatural (S1-S8)
- Voltron (S5-S8)
- The Haunting of Hill House
- Bojack Horseman (S5)
- The Office (S1-S7)
- Dark (S1)
- Devilman Crybaby
- Trollhunters (S2)
- The Curious Creations of Christine McConnell
- The Dragon Prince (S1)
Best Reads of 2018
Again, not all the books I read were released in 2018. Here are my top reads of 2018!!
- ELIZA AND HER MONSTERS | Francesca Zappia
- LEGENDARY (Caraval, #2) | Stephanie Garber
- HARRY POTTER (Books 1 and 3) | J.K. Rowling
- ORANGE | Ichigo Takano
- THE KING’S MEN (The Foxhole Court, #3) | Nora Sakavic
- CITY OF ASHES (TMI, #2) | Cassandra Clare
- QUEEN OF AIR AND DARKNESS (TDA, #3) | Cassandra Clare
- THE CLOCKWORK PRINCE (TID, #2) | Cassandra Clare
- THEY BOTH DIE AT THE END | Adam Silvera
- OBSIDIO (Illuminae Files, #3) | Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
- THE CRUEL PRINCE | Holly Black
- SADIE | Courtney Summers
- THUNDERHEAD (Scythe, #2) | Neal Shusterman
- THE DREAM THIEVES (The Raven Cycle, #2) | Maggie Stiefvater
I’m happy to say that these are just a few of the amazing books that I read in 2018. In fact, almost every book I picked up was really good! I don’t think any book fell below a 3 star rating for me last year, which is actually really impressive.
Goodreads Goals and Current Reads
Not only did I read those amazing books in 2018, but I surpassed my Goodreads goal too!
My aim was 70 books and I read 10 more than that! And so this year, I thought I’d up the read count.
And so my 2019 goal is 80 books!
I’ve already one book so far! And now I’m working my way through another book right now. So things are off to a good start.
I’ll share my most recent reads in another post and I also plan to share my 2019 resolutions and most anticipated reads in another post. And I’ll also be wrapping up my 2018 December in another post as well. But I think this long post will do for now!
Goodbye 2018! And hello 2019. Cheers to a fantastic year (hopefully)!