September is the month I went M.I.A. It might not have seemed like it, but I actually was, especially in the blog-hopping department. Please forgive me if I’ve missed a plethora of your amazing posts. I wish I had the time to read them, but I just don’t anymore. I’ll do better next month, because I will make it my goal to return to the WordPress reader and pop-in to say hello more than I have these past few weeks. Hell, these past few months…
Some good news though! I’ve surpassed 600 followers! Thanks so much to everyone who’s stumbled onto my blog and clicked that follow button and thanks ever so much to those of you who have stuck around for a while. I greatly appreciate you and all your support ❤
I’ve been busy this month with work, but I managed to get a good amount of reading and reviewing done. Here’s what I’ve been up to!
#famous | Lilly Gagnon | ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
Thoughts: Modern and relatable. Important themes of fame, social media, and human behavior. Underdeveloped main characters. Uninteresting string of events and love story. A book to pass the time.
Thirteen Reasons Why | Jay Asher | Review to Come
Thoughts: A book that makes a statement, though not perfectly. Not a huge fan of the tape premise. Most of the characters are pretty hollow. Despite its flaws, this is a powerful story that explores themes of bullying, mental illness, and suicide.
This Savage Song | Victoria Schwab | Review to Come
Thoughts: Amazing world-building. Potent character development. Engaging plot. Suspenseful and thrilling action sequences. Fantastic platonic relationship between Kate and August. One of the best YA dystopian/paranormal books I’ve read.
Noteworthy | Riley Redgate | Review to Come
Thoughts: Easily one of my favorite contemporaries I’ve read this year! Heart-warming and humorous. A diverse cast of fun and relatable characters. Very well-written and hard to put down. Loved every bit of this one.
Spontaneous | Aaron Starmer | Review to Come
Thoughts: An oddball, dark comedy with a cast of quirky characters. The MC, Mara, is a complicated character with strange motivations and even stranger thoughts. Humorous style of writing with entertaining dialogue. Ending was heartbreaking. Middle was a lackluster mix of jumbled emotion and gore.
#famous | Lilly Gagnon | ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
Geekerella | Ashley Poston | ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ 1/2
Glitter | Aprilynn Pike | ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
Dreams of Gods & Monsters | Laini Taylor | ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
Simon vs. the Home Sapiens Agenda | Becky Albertalli | ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
Now I Rise | Kiersten White | ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
1. With the exception to a few bad customers, I enjoy working at Starbucks! The people I work with right now are really friendly and fun.
2. I bought a few more books!
3. I was just approved to review an ARC of The Hazel Wood by Melissa Albert!!!
4. My friend who now lives in Atlanta gave me a call and we talked for two hours about books! We ranted about The Red Queen series and I finally got to recommend Six of Crows and My Lady Jane to her.
5. I added fairy lights to my bookshelves, my bed, and some ironwork pieces hung up on my wall. My room now looks like this at night:
Halloween is officially 30 days away! I can’t wait!!!
My friends and I have a day of horror planned at Universal Studios. I’ve been waiting for this all year 😀
My goals this month are:
- Catch up with every singe one of my reviews. No more playin’ around
- Return to the WordPress reader and check there daily to keep up with you guys. (I might not go back and check out your older posts. I’ll just try to read your new ones.)
- Read more books outside of YA
- Make sure to take a few days to relax and recharge from my packed schedule
- Complete a post about my editorial internship (courtesy of Izzi @ Ravenclaw Book Club)
- Create my own book tag. I think it’s about time
- Finish up my awards and tags. I have a few drafts floating around that I have yet to finish
All right, that’s all for now! I hope everybody’s doing well and thanks so much for sticking with me despite my absences! 😀 Thanks for stopping by and I’ll talk to you soon!