Because I’m so behind on getting to these awards, I’m doing two in the same post to make sure I don’t put them off any longer than I already have!
The Miranda Sings Award
I’ll have to send many thanks to the lovely Jacquie over at Rattle the Stars for nominating me for this amazing award way back in November! I’m SO sorry for getting to it just now. Bad Azia! But please be sure to check out Jacquie’s gorgeous, newly redesigned blog. She’s got some amazing content over there. And be sure to check out her ARC reviews and book tags!
Announce your win with a post, and link the blogger who nominated you.
- Include the featured image on your blog post.
- Nominate 10 bloggers (or as many as you can think of) and link your awardees in the post. (I’m doing 3 because I’m a lazy bum)
- List 7 things you love about yourself. (This can be about your appearance, your personality, your achievements, etc.)
- Don’t use negative connotation (i.e. Don’t say things like – “I’m prettier than an average person.” or “People have told me I’m smart.” You are pretty. You are smart.)
1. I love my eyes: Many individuals have body issues, and I’m no different. My self-esteem was at an all time low in my middle and high school days. But after coming to college, I began to accept my appearance. The first aspect of my features I fell in love with were my eyes. They are almond shaped with dark brown irises and medium length lashes. Nothing special other than they’re my eyes and I love them for what they are!
2. I love my natural hair: I went through a phase where I didn’t want anyone to see my real hair. So, I wore braid extensions throughout the school year, and even during the majority of summer. I just couldn’t handle my natural black hair. It’s difficult to manage and it takes time and money to care for properly. College is a place of wonders, because last year I joined the natural hair movement and began to love my hair again. I love the days I wear my fro with a large bow or the days I sport my frohawk!
3. I love my curves: I have hips, a booty, thick thighs and other assets. All I can say is I’m so happy with what my momma gave me. I began to love my curves about a year ago and I haven’t stopped loving them since.
4. I love my height: I say I’m 5 foot, but the truth is, I’m about 4’11 and three quarters. I’m fun-sized! I have trouble reaching the high shelves in the kitchen and I have trouble looking over things. But hey, I’ve got a lower center of gravity and it’s harder to knock me down (It’s not like I have a long ways to fall, anyway).
5. I love my obsession with music: Music gives me life. I love music so much that I don’t limit myself to just a few genres. I listen to anything I think is good: folk, rock, hard rock, metal, alternative, classical, EDM, blues, jazz, motown, soul, R&B, hip-hop, rap, underground, and much more. If it’s good, I’ll give it a go. And I’ll dance the night away or sing myself hoarse if I can’t get enough of it!
6. I love my geek tendencies: What does it even mean to be a geek? I don’t really know. But I do know a lot about DC Comics (specifically Batman and Superman) and Marvel (mostly the X-Men), I love to watch and play video games, I have a secret obsession with anime and manga, my favorite heroine is Lara Croft, I have a crush on Nathan Drake, I love books, and I’m a pretty big fan of all things Star Wars. Geek, am I? (see what I did there?) Hey, at least I have a bunch of conversation starters in my arsenal!
7. I love my quietness: I used to be extremely shy. I thought it was the most frightening thing to meet new people and speak up. Now, I’m not as shy as I used to be. I just prefer to be quiet and listen. Many of my acquaintances seem to be confused about my quietness because they think I’m painfully shy or awkward. But the truth is, I just don’t have anything to say, and I learn so much about everyone I meet because I take the time to listen to what they have to say!
My lovely nominees:
Kayla @ Kdrewkthebookworm
Tiana @ The Book Raven
Izzy @ Ravenclaw Book Club
This one’s a hard one to do, but I challenge you all to love yourself! And anyone else who would like to list the things you love about yourself, consider yourself tagged 😀
The Versatile Blogger Award
Thanks so much to Sophie over at Blame It On Chocolate for nominating me for this wonderful award! If you don’t already know, she’s super sweet and she’s got some amazing posts on her gorgeous website: Reviews on books, video games, and anime (YAS), as well as book tags!
- Show the award on your blog & thank the person who nominated you
- Share 7 different facts about yourself
155 blogs of your choice
- Link your nominees & let them know of your nomination
7 Facts About Me
1. I love taking long walks. When I’m sad, I go for a walk. When I’m happy, I go for a walk. When I’m bored, I go for a walk. When I’m trying to trick myself into thinking I’m actually exercising, I go for a walk. Basically, walking is my solution to all my problems.
2. I really really hate mushrooms (it’s a fungus), bell peppers (too bitter), and pickled artichoke hearts (what even are these things?). They are the only foods I will straight up reject if you offer them to me.
3. I used to play the flute in elementary school. I can’t remember how to play a single note.
4. I want to go skydiving for one of my birthdays, but I don’t know which one yet.
5. My idea of a good time is playing Taboo or Scattergories with my family (including the aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents).
6. When I get a dog (hopefully a Husky), his name will be Akiva.
7. My sky blue cruiser bike has a name: It’s Jesse. Jesse James Parker, to be exact.
My Awesome Nominees:
Reg @ She Latitude
Lilly @ Lair of Books
Stephanie @ Teacher of YA
Abigail @ Miss Abigail
And if anyone else would like to share some facts about yourself, please feel free to leave a comment below! 😀
Yesterday I surpassed 200 followers!
Thank you so much to all you amazing bloggers for your support! 😀 I’m so grateful to all those who have taken the time to read my ramblings, short stories, and bookish content! My blogging experience has been bettered because of you. And for that, I thank you. Happy dance time!