I had big aspirations for December. My TBR was HUGE. Did I manage to get through my massive list? Heck no. Not even close.
I forgot that December is the month of finals and holidays, so time for reading and reviewing was near nonexistent. I wasted the first two weeks of December trying to get through Glass Sword, but I eventually gave up on it to start reading something else. As a result, I had only two more weeks to get through 14 books. Needless to say, that didn’t happen. So, lets take a look at my December, shall we?
- Everything, Everything | Nicola Yoon
- Days of Blood & Starlight | Laini Taylor
- Nightshade | Andrea Cremer
- Gemina | Marie Lu
- Cress | Marissa Meyer
- Shiver | Maggie Stiefvater
- Linger | Maggie Stiefvater
I’m so ashamed of myself. I FAILED at writing my reviews this month. I am now, officially, 7 reviews behind.
Cress | ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ 1/2
Heartless | ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
Everything, Everything | ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ 1/2
The Rose Society | ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
“Maybe there isn’t such a thing as fate. Maybe it’s just the opportunities we’re given, and what we do with them. I’m beginning to think that maybe great, epic romances don’t just happen. We have to make them ourselves.” – Marissa Meyer, Cress
“I am one of billions. I am stardust gathered fleetingly into form. I will be ungathered. The stardust will go on to be other things someday and I will be free.” – Laini Taylor,
“Her eyes shining with the light of it. Beneath, between, beyond.Along the endless circle. Down the ceaseless spiral. And waiting for her on the other side? Just like he promised…
‘A whole sky of different stars.’” – Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff, Gemina
- My 2016 in Review and 2017 Resolutions
- Rambling #6 | Looking at the Smaller Picture and Imagining the Smaller Things in Life
- Book Review Time: Cress | Marissa Meyer
- The Dream Book Panel Book Tag
- The Mystery Blogger Award: Special thank you to Jasmine @ How Useful It Is and Marta @ The Book Mermaid for nominating me!
- Catch up on my reviews: I feel like I’m always putting this as one of my goals but this time it’s for real, though. I am SEVEN reviews behind. It looks like this entire week is going to be all book reviews, my friends.
- Finally read the first 3 books of the ToG series: I’ve been putting the Throne of Glass series off since, I don’t know, October? It’s time. No more backlisting.
- Choose a day to do blog hopping: I really want to have a set day where I take the time to discover new blogs and communicate with new bloggers. Saturday’s looking like a pretty good day.
- Comment on at least 10 blogs a day: I want to try to stay active, even if I don’t post every day of the week, and I want to continue showing my support for my fellow bloggers. I think this would be a good way to keep up with the blogging community!
- Organize my redesign plans: I’m considering updating the look of my blog, but I’m not entirely sure how I want it to look. All I know is I want to keep the color scheme of grey, white, teal, and brown. We’ll see what I come up with!
- Forever and Sinner | Maggie Stiefvater
- The Midnight Star | Marie Lu
- Throne of Glass, Crown of Midnight, and Heir of Fire | Sarah J. Maas
- Caraval | Stephanie Garber
- Dreams of Gods & Monsters | Laini Taylor
I had to adjust my TBR from the last post because I forgot that I still need to finish the Wolves of Mercy Falls series, and I also forgot that Sinner counted as part of the series. So, I’ll be finishing up those two books this week.
I recently received Dreams of Gods & Monsters in the mail, and there’s no way I can wait to read it. Caraval will be released this month and I already know I’m going to read it the day it’s released. The other books are rollovers from my December TBR.
I know I’ll probably end up reading something else on the list, but I’ll try my best to stick to it!
So that was my December TBR and goals for January! How’d I do? What are some books you’re hoping to read this month? Any goals? I’d love to hear from you!
See ya next time! ❤