Hello friends! I’m very excited to announce that Lia @ Lost in a Story has nominated me for the Blogger Recognition Award! Thank you so much, Lia, for the nomination! If you haven’t done so already, please check out her blog. It’s very bright and colorful and she has a wide variety of interesting content I think you all might enjoy 🙂
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Give two pieces of advice for new bloggers
- Select up to 15 other blogs you want to give the award to (I did 17 because I don’t know how to follow rules)
How It All Began…
Once upon a time, there was a girl who loved to write very much. She wrote three novels in her spare time, a few short stories during a workshop in college, and a bit of poetry (also during a workshop in college). This girl thought it would be nice to share her works, as well as a few writing tips and pictures from her time abroad, with the writing community. So, she began a blog called The Uncharted Word to convey words and works of her own that have been undiscovered until their publishing on the blog. But then, this past summer, something changed.
This girl began reading again. She had read during her time in university, but nothing too serious. She had not bought or borrowed a physical copy of a book since her days in high school. So, when she volunteered at the library and bought home five books, her life took a turn for the better. She returned to Goodreads, shared her thoughts, and began sharing her reviews on her blog. And so, the writer’s blog slowly morphed into a bookish blog with a bit of writing shared here and there. She added more bookish content and reached out to her fellow book bloggers and fell in love with the reading community all over again.
This girl still lives on today, and she is enjoying her time blogging so much more than she thought she would. And so it goes…
My Advice to You
1. Write about what interests you! There’s no need to follow in the same exact footsteps of your favorite bloggers (although it’s all right to gather some ideas from them) or to write about what you think might appeal to a particular audience. If you write about what you love, then I can guarantee you that you will have an audience and they will be there to support you as you continue to grow and gain more experience in the blogosphere.
2. Even if you write about what you love, there is still a need for you to reach out to your fellow bloggers and to expand your network. Don’t wait for your supporters to come to you. Seek them out! Discover new blogs and leave comments and likes! I can tell you bloggers love to hear from one another. It’s a perfect way to meet someone new, to gain more friends, and to learn more about blogging in general. Most bloggers I’ve reached out to are incredibly sweet and extremely happy to exchange messages. So, step out of your comfort zone and enter into some new conversations!
My Very Talented and Amazing Nominees
- Sammie @ Bookshelves and Biros
- Niraja @ Fantastic Books and Where to Find Them
- McKenzie @ Bookish Things and Tea
- Queen Mery @ The Parisian Bookshelf
- Jill @ Rant and Rave About Books
- Olivia @ Heir of Glitter
- Shealea @ That Bookshelf Bitch
- Catherine @ Catherine’s Blog
- Puput @ Sparkling Letters
- Sophiethestark @ Blame Chocolate
- Sam @ onebookishgirl
- Gretchen @ ChicNerdReads
- Megan @ bookSlayer Reads
- Lizzy@ The Bent Bookworm
- Keeana @ Kee the Reader
- Sean @ kingdombookblog
- Lish @ Alisha’s words of wonder
I know some of you have already been nominated, so you don’t have to participate again if you don’t want to! 😀
That’s all for now! Enjoy your day and see y’all soon ❤